The Immigration Act of 1995 established the Diversity Visa (DV) program in 1990. For countries with historically low rates of immigration to the United States, 55,000 immigrant visas are available.
The DV lottery registration is offered for a limited time each year. The 2023 DV Lottery will begin on October 6, 2021, and will end on November 9, 2021.
The Department of State is in charge of administering the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program, which was established by statute. The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) Section 203(c) creates a category of immigrants known as “diversity immigrants” from countries with historically low rates of immigration to the United States. Up to 55,000 Diversity Visas (DVs) will be available in Fiscal Year 2023. The DV program is completely free to join.
To qualify for a DV, applicants who are chosen for the program (selectees) must meet basic but stringent qualifying standards. Selectees are chosen through a randomized computer drawing by the Department of State. Diversity visas are distributed among six geographic zones by the Department of State, with no single country receiving more than 7% of the total DVs in any given year.
- Location: USA
- Type: Perment Visa ( Green Card )
- No: 55000
- Application type: online
- Gender: Male and Female
- Start Date: 06. Oct. 2021
Not eligible Counties
Only these countries are not eligible to apply for a DV Immigrant visa but their country out of the list are eligible to apply for it
- China (Including Hong Kong SAR)
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Haiti, Honduras
- India, Jamaica
- Mexico, Nigeria
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
If you are not a native of a country with historically low rates of immigration to the United
States, there are two other ways you might be able to qualify.
- Passport Size photo (Standards as a U.S. Visa photo)
- Memeber photo who apply
- Correct and Complete living address
- Contact phone number and active Email Addres
- Degree and Diplomas
- Children complete information and Married Children if you have
- The photo should be In color
- Your photo should be in focus mode
- Photo should not be older than sex month
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis
- Do not wear a hat or head
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in
- your photo.
- Do not wear eyeglasses
- Size of and Pixcel of Image should be 1200x 1200 pixels or 600×600 pixels
- Format: In JPEG (.jpg) file format
- Equal to or less than 240 kB (kilobytes) in file size
- In a square aspect ratio (height must equal width)
- Dimension of Image should be: 600×600 pixels
How to Apply
The eligible need to apply online via the official website of http://dvprogram.state.gov/ please do not upload your documents on the unofficial website